The windows in your home do more than allow sunlight and air to flow through your home. They protect your home from severe weather and provide insulation. Windows replacement is a major part of home renovations for Oakville area homeowners.
Read on to find out why window replacement Oakville is a good investment for your home. You can save money on energy bills and rest assured that your home is safe from intruders and severe weather conditions.
Signs its Time for Windows Replacement
- You have noticed a drastic increase in your heating and cooling costs
Did you know that vinyl windows replacement Oakville can lower your energy bills by as much as 40%? If you have noticed that your recent electric costs are higher than usual it might be time to upgrade to more energy-efficient windows. Vinyl windows provide outstanding insulation and can contribute to lower energy costs. Ask about Low-E coatings and double or triple window panes for added insulation.
- You are considering selling your home
Newer windows that are stylish, secure, and energy-efficient can help raise the market value of your home. Windows replacement is a wise investment for those who are looking to put their home on the Oakville area real estate market. People looking to purchase a home will pay more for a move-in-ready home with new windows and doors. In addition, replacement windows can do a lot to improve your curb appeal and give your home a face-lift.
Today’s windows come in many shapes and sizes and are custom-made to match the look and feel of your home. Ask for decorative glass as well as window grids for added style and value.
- You want to enhance the security in your home
Modern windows are made with sturdy glass that will enhance your home security. Double and triple-pane windows with tempered glass will only add to the safety of your home. Consider multi-point locking systems for even more peace of mind against break-ins.
- You want to ensure that your home is cozy and comfy year-round
Vinyl windows replacement is the best way to keep your home warm and toasty in the winter and cool in the summer months. In addition, modern windows will help reduce noise pollution and can protect your home from ultraviolet light.
Tips for Choosing the Best Windows and Doors
- Look for a reputable windows and doors company. Be sure to look for both negative and positive online reviews for honest feedback. Read those on sites other than the company website for unbiased reviews.
- Speak with at least three different window replacement companies to ensure that you are getting the best value for your money as well as the best windows.
- Ask about warranties. Only go with those windows vendors that stand behind their doors and windows with a written guarantee.
- Don’t forget to ask about window installation. Get a quote from several companies to find the best price for window replacement and installation.